Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why?



Since I got home from work all I've read about is Nintendo changing their upcoming game machine's "codename(Revolution)" to it's as-of-today "official" name of "Wii".For the most part everything I've read seems to be pretty negative.And the question I feel compelled to ask is "why?".

Why are people so upset about the official name?Folks are acting like this is the first time a video game system has been given an odd name.I myself can remember how stupid I thought "Xbox360" sounded(and still do,for that matter).Hell Nintendo is notorious for this very thing.With the exception of the first system,every Nintendo game machine throughout the years has been given a name by a two year old(or so it would seem).Hell I remember Egm and other mags ragging Sony about the name "Playstation" before the console ever came out,or how they gave it to Sega over the name "Dreamcast".I could go on and on.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that everyone should stop bitching and get over it.Nintendo is not going to change the name because they know that people will get used to it.This isn't the first time that a console's "codename" was way cooler than it's "official" one.The Xbox360's codename was "Xenon" ,which is 1,000,000 times better than "Xbox360" in my opinion.I give it until E3 and noone will even be talking about it anymore.

No comments: