Friday, May 25, 2012

My PS3 = EPIC FAIL

                      
I wanted to write this yesterday but I was too distrought.You see,my PS3 died yesterday,the machine that I thought was invincible.Right on the brink of Killzone 2,my PS3 calls it quits.I assume it's the power supply as it won't do anything,no lights, no sounds,no nothing.I wasn't even playing it when it died,it just died in it's sleep (standby mode).I called Sony and they told me they would repair or replace it for $150.00,I have one of the original 60 gig units (the one with the PS2 chips on the board) and therefore it is out of warranty.
Now I just want to say that I am on my 5th (or is it 6th) Xbox360 right now and because of this I have always praised Sony for the quality of the PS3.I payed $600.00 for my PS3,without a game.Now, I am well aware of the fact that the PS3 has a failure rate of less than 1%,but that doesn't really make me feel better because mine is now part of that "less than 1%".
I guess the irony is that I may be on my 5th (or 6th) Xbox360,but I've never had to pay a dime to have them fixed or replaced.So while it may be a slight inconveniance,it never hit me where it really hurts(the wallet).On the other hand,this will be my first time having my PS3 repaired/replaced and it's gonna cost me $150.00.People can throw around all the numbers and stats that they like,but this really sux for me right now.

No comments: