Sunday, May 27, 2012

NEW PC!!!

So last week I ordered an Alienware M15x laptop and it arrived today. I've been playing with it for a little while and man, this thing is a beast, especially when compared to my old desktop.

The first game I tried to run was Halo 2 PC because I bought it back when it launched and my old ass PC was unable to run it. I eventually upgraded the RAM and GPU, but even then I could only run it at minimum settings and it would still chop or crash.

It took me some time to get Halo 2 runnning because apparently there was a compatibility issue with certain builds of Windows 7 and so I had to go download the latest updates for the OS.

Once I got it running though I immediately went in and cranked all the video settings to max: 1920x1080x60hz@4xAA, and man, it looked like a completely different game, it was incredible. And it was smooth, very smooth. I can't wait to run a game like Crysis on it, I've always wanted to play the first Crysis, but I was scared to even put it in my old PC for fear of it dying on contact, lol.

But so far I am extremely happy with it, there's so much custom Alienware software on the PC too, even the Windows user log-in screen is unique. And the facial recognition is pretty cool too.
I see a lot of PC gaming in my future, time to go see what kinds of deals Steam has going.

No comments: