Friday, May 25, 2012

Spamming and Noob Weapons

Let me just start by saying this:THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NOOB WEAPONS OR SPAMMING.
With that said I would also like to point out that my intention on my previous blog entry was to talk about spamming and noob weapons,but I must admit,I degressed.So this blog post will be what the previous was supposed to be.
For many people who play online games such as shooters and fighting games (Soulcalibur4),saying that there is no such thing as spamming or noob weapons is a ridiculous statement.But is it?
I've been playing tons of SoulCalibur4 lately (mostly offline) and I've noticed that when playing online games people like to make lots of excuses for losing.The biggest being to accuse the winner of spamming.Spamming is apparently when someone uses the same move over and over again to win.But who is really to blame for that?Are you seriously gonna get mad at someone and call them names for not playing the way that you think they should?Seriously?That is essentially the equivilent of playing against my little boy and him wanting me to stop and let him win.
No, the only person you should blame for losing to the same move or combo over and over again is yourself.Period.Not the person your fighting , not Namco or the SoulCalibur team but yourself.That's why there is a "Block" button.
I've been playing the "Soul-" series since I was 17(I'm 29 now).I worked in a local mall for Montgomery Ward dept.store and on my lunch breaks I would walk down to the arcade and play SoulEdge until my break was over.When the game was released on PS1 as "SoulBlade" I bought it and played the hell out of it.In 1999 I reserved a Dreamcast and picked it up on launch day with the sole goal of playing Soulcalibur.Me and my cousins,who shared an apt.,Played that game more than the law allowed.And the same goes for SC2,SC3 and now SC4.When Namco released SC1 for XBLA I bought it the day it came out and was #1 in the world with Mits for a time(survival mode).

I've been called a spammer by people who did'nt block and were spamming themselves.Now I will say that internet latency is a valid excuse assuming that it is actually happening.Everyone knows there is gonna be lag,but not every   match is laggy.My point is that I know how to play SoulCalibur.I know the moves ,combos,how to GI and everything in between.So I find it humorous when I beat someone and after the match they call me a spammer that don't know shit.Call me what you want but you still lost.Part of being good at fighting games isn't just knowing how to do all the moves and combos.It's also knowing how to utilize all the moves available and finding holes in your opponent's defense and exploiting them.
Calling someone a "Spammer" is just a way for crybabies to justify the fact that they just lost.And no amount of name calling is gonna take that loss away.
I know I went on about spamming so I just want to touch on the idea of "noob weapons" real quick.The idea of calling someone a noob because of the weapon that they just killed you with is ridiculous.It's the same thing as with "spamming",an excuse to make someone feel better about losing or dying.If the weapon is in the game then apparently the developer deemed that weapon fit to use and if you don't like that then quit playing it.I've been called a noob by people for using pretty much every weapon in Halo.Just don't sit there and try to accuse someone of not having as much skill as you because they did'nt use the same weapon as you.That just makes you sound like a spoiled brat that wants everyone to play according to your rules.Grow up people,it's just a video game.

No comments: