Friday, May 25, 2012

Army of Two : The 40th Day

I never played the original Army of Two. The closest I came to playing it was the demo that was released which didn't really impress me all that much, to be honest. Plus the fact that the lead guy on the game was out there dogging out Gears of War didn't really make me want to give it a fair shake either.
So when the sequel, dubbed "The 40th Day", I pretty much didn't care.I mean, I thought that the controls felt alright in the demo for the original game, but beyond that I wasn't really interested.But today something happened that changed my stance on "The 40th Day", I watched a video on Giantbomb.com of actual gameplay and came away pretty impressed.
The first thing I noticed was the graphics, they seem to be spruced up quite a bit from the first game.Shooting dude's helmets off looked fun as well as sniping heads completely off.The ai seemed to notice if you sniped a dude right in front of them which is always nice.The only thing that kind of made me cringe was the swapping of parts on guns. Stuff like putting the barrel from an AK-47 onto an M4 just didn't look right. And some of the stuff he was putting on his gun didn't even look correct, like putting a bayonet AND shotgun attachment on it (the bayonet was sitting right in front of the barrel for the shotty attachment). And some of the clips he added looked really odd on the gun, like the drum clip. I don't know, personally I prefer realism if your using real world things, but thats just me.

No comments: