Friday, May 25, 2012

The Rundown

I've been really busy lately between work,birthday party's,doing stuff around the house, and Rohan.So since I don't really have the time just yet to blow out all the things that I've seen/played lately,I'm just gonna run down the list with a brief description and opinion.So here we go....
Games:
  • Punch-Out!! : I actually bought this when it launched and wanted to write about it but....anyway,it's awesome.Classic gameplay with modern graphics and modes makes an awesome game.
  • Prototype:Awesome gameplay that makes you feel like the ultimate badass,tons of upgrades,decent story and ok graphics make a very fun game to play.
  • Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles : it's good but not as good as House of the Dead:Overkill.
  • Guitar Hero:Smash Hits:Maybe the best Guitar Hero setlist yet but the lack of support for downloadble content really sucks.
  • Burnout Paradise:Big Surf Island:Freakin' amazing,I may never return to Paradise City and the Dune Buggy is a blast.Well worth the price.
  • X-Men Origins:Wolverine:Uncaged Edition Very,very good.The combat is amazing,right up there with games like Ninja Gaiden and God of War,the graphics are superb for the most part.The story was the victim of being a movie tie-in but served it's purpose none the less.And lastly I really appreciated how the devs went that extra mile with it and added things like the easter eggs littered throughout the game.
  • Midnight Club:Los Angeles:Not much to say here,it's MC3 with better graphics,which is not a bad thing at all,on the contrary it's a very good thing.
Movies:
  • Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen:Awesome movie,even better than the first one,long as hell,but still awesome.
  • Star Trek:Another great one,loved the whole time warp thing too.Seeing Harold play a serious role was kinda weird though,which brings me to.....
  • Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay:Very funny movie,made me feel  a bit uncomfortable watching it with my wife at times,but the Bush scene at the end was priceless.
  • Bedtime Stories:Freakin' hilarious,Adam Sandler is great as usual.
  • Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete on Blu-ray:Even better in HD and with more scenes.
  • Gran Turino:Best Clint Eastwood movie since The Unforgiven,Walt is the man.
  • There Will Be Blood:Fantastic,Daniel Plainview is a man after my own heart,"DRAINAGE!!!!",lol.
  • The Knowing:Having just watched this one tonight,I'm still reeling from the experience.While most people will probably watch this and think that it was a good movie(or not),it hit me in a way that quite possibly no other movie ever has.Because of my interests and beliefs I am completely in love with this movie.Not because of the quality of the acting or cinematography,but because of the content of the story.
Free MMO's:
  • Deicide:the War Against Evil:This was technically my first MMO and I played it for a couple of months but ultimatley the combination of the game itself being insanely shallow and the drama brought about by a very small community of regular players drove me to start playing this game.....
  • Rohan:Blood Feud:I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now and am in love with the game.The graphics are very good,the worlds are vast and interesting,there's tons and tons of depth and the people are very cool (so far).This game has been like virtual crack for me,if you are interested in a free MMO then this is a great game to try out.
Well that's all I can think of for now,I promise to have a real blog up soon.

No comments: