Sunday, May 27, 2012

Halo: Combat Evolved HD Remake Wishlist


With all the rumors surrounding a supposed 10th Anniversary Halo: Combat Evolved HD Remake, I thought it would be fun to create a list of things I would like to see, and maybe a few that I wouldn't. So without further ado, here we go:
  1. Brand New Graphics Engine Don't get me wrong, even to this day Halo: CE is still a beautiful game to look at, but if I'm going to buy it again I want a complete overhaul. The first rumor that pointed to the game running on the Reach engine is the optimal situation for me. Having it be the first Halo game not developed by Bungie is bad enough, having a new engine made by someone else seems even worse. I say use the Reach engine because it was made for Halo, it looks beautiful, and it's already there waiting to be used.
  2. Achievements Considering that it would be an Xbox360 game, this goes without saying, but I would like them to be unique. Halo: CE was filled with Easter Eggs that players could find if they were determined enough. I say that would make for some great achievements. Legendary runs, co-op Legendary runs, stealing the Banshee and skipping the last half of Assault on the Control Room (or getting the Banshee in the part of AotCR right after you get the tank, but before you go underground, that part's pretty tricky), shooting Captain Keyes, or killing Zuka 'Zamamee in the elevator on The Maw would all make for cool achievements.
  3. Online Co-op This is a must, in this day and age having co-op that isn't online just doesn't cut it. It doesn't have to be more than 2 players, although if it ran on the Reach engine everything would already be there to do up to 4. Either way, I want co-op and I want it online, make it happen Microsoft.
  4. Theater Mode We don't need all the modes from Halo: Reach like FireFight and Forge to be in Halo: CE, but I would love to have the Theater Mode. Saving films of awesome games is a mode worthy of any game.
  5. Online Multiplayer It has to have this. No excuses, online multiplayer had better be in any remake of Halo: CE. That's the one thing that the original didn't have and that's the main thing that those of us that still love Halo: CE want to see. No online multiplayer, no buy.
  6. Halo PC Additions Halo PC was really the definitive version of Halo: CE as it featured everything the Xbox original did, but it also had online multiplayer, higher res graphics, the Banshee, Flame Thrower, Fuel Rod Cannon, a new Rocket 'Hog in multiplayer, and 6 new multiplayer maps. I would love to see all of these things in a Halo: CE remake, especially the maps. The 6 Halo PC maps were some of my favorites, especially Timberland and Infinty.
  7. Continuation of the Single Player Campaign Now I know that this one is a long shot but it would still be awesome. The 3rd Halo novel titled, "First Strike", picked up directly where Halo: CE left off and told the story that took place between Halo: CE and Halo 2. There was some great stuff happening including the Master Chief returning to a glassed Reach and finding members of his Spartan team still alive, as well as introducing us to the SMG and the Battle Rifle. There is also a huge fight on a Covenant docking station that includes Brutes, all things that were introduced in Halo 2. Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but this would be so friggin' awesome if they did something like this.
Things I don't want to see
  1. New Guns I don't want to see anyone trying to inject weapons from later Halo games into Halo: CE, it just wouldn't work. If they added some new single player missions after the main story then great, add newer guns, but don't try to shoehorn them into the original storyline, it just wouldn't work. Same goes for vehicles.
  2. New Controls One of the things that makes Halo: CE so great are the controls. Halo: CE's controls had a very ..... organic feel to them, and they still feel great to this day. So please, whoever (if ever?) is making this, don't fix what ain't broke.
  3. New Music/ Voice Actors Now I know the gut reaction is to say that they would never do this, but still, anyone involved in remaking the original Halo should be warned that 50% of what made Halo: CE great was the Music and voice acting (in my opinion).
  4. Alterations to the Original Storyline Again, seems like a no-brainer, but we all know how people love to put their mark on things. So here's to hoping they don't screw up the single player campaign by adding or changing things.
Well that's all I got for now, let me know what y'all would like to see or not see in a Halo: CE remake.

No comments: