Sunday, May 27, 2012

1up Needs Notifications

I use Facebook pretty much daily, mostly because most of my family and friends do, but also because I'm a notification whore. What's a notification whore? Lie an achievement whore, but with notifications, lol. A person who loves to go to the their Facebook page and see that they have unread notifications. Now, it's really alot more innocent than it sounds, I just love being able to easily keep up with everyone who is willing to keep up with me.
The reason that I like notifications so much is that while I don't have the hundreds and thousands of friends that other people have (I have 90 as of this writing), my friends list consists of all family or friends, I want to know when they say something to me or respond to something I've said.
Which brings me to my point. I think it would be incredibly awesome if the guys and girls of 1up could implement some form of a notification system into 1up. I absolutely love the new reply system for comments, but I think it would be even better if there was a way to notify me when someone replied to one of my comments, or commented on one of my blogs.
I've been a member of 1up for over 5 years now (March of '05 I believe) and have had opportunity to watch it evolve and grow into what it is now. I remember back in the day learning XML so that I could add things like links and and embed photos and video. I know 1up will continue to grow and evolve and I really hope that some sort of notification system is part of that evolution.
Let me know if you feel the same or if you disagree.

No comments: