Sunday, May 27, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

I have a secret, a "guilty pleasure", if you will. Every Friday my son goes and spends the evening at my in-laws house, and so when I get home I grab a beer, head straight to the game room and turn on Guitar Hero III. It's my Friday evening ritual, and I've been doing it every Friday for a very long time now.

Why do I do it? I think it's because I love music, I can't play guitar (though I wish I could, I just don't have time to learn), and Guitar Hero III (which is my absolute favorite music game) let's me do these things together. Sometimes if I can get my wife to jam with me I'll put in RockBand 2 (I have RB3, but I don't like the graphical changes made to the latest iterations of GH and RB) and she'll be my drummer.
The songs I play varies each time, though I always play Soothsayer by Buckethead at least once (also part of my ritual, lol). But GHIII, along with the occasional RB2, is kind of my go-to game when I want to play a game but don't feel like investing myself into something that's gonna take alot focus.
So my reason for posting this is I got to wondering If anyone else has a game (or games) like this. Something that they have played consistently for a period of time on top of all the other games, or maybe just a go-to game for those times when you know you want to play something but your not sure what.
So how about it, do y'all have something like this?

No comments: