Friday, May 25, 2012

Guitar Hero:Metallica


When the head of Red Octane announced Guitar Hero:Metallica last year at E3,the only thing going through my mind was how I wished that it was Harmonix up there announcing a Metallica game for Rock Band.See,up until the release of Guitar Hero:World Tour,I had never played a Guitar Hero game before.It wasn't until early January,when I bought my first Guitar Hero brand guitar and Guitar Hero III:Legends of Rock,that I became the big Guitar Hero fan that I am now.So naturally,my new found Guitar Hero fondness meant that I had to have the Metallica edition when it came out.
After finishing guitar Hero:Metallica today my first impression is that it's easier than I thought it would be.I picked it up Monday and started the career on Hard and finished today.While I'm really enjoying the game,I'm also starting to understand what Harmonix was saying about the difference between a good song and one that's fun to play.Some songs that I really love to listen to aren't that fun to play.

I really wish Neversoft could adopt something along the lines of Harmonix' music platform because I don't like having my favorite songs scattered across multiple versions of the same game.GameStop said that they ran out of kick pedals before I could get in there to get mine,so I haven't had a chance to try the expert+ mode with double bass drum.
Overall I would put Guitar Hero:Metallica up there with Guitar Hero III:Legends of Rock as my favorite Guitar Hero game.

No comments: