Friday, May 25, 2012

Thank you UGO, for ruining my favorite website.

So I just learned of the mass betrayals that just took place at 1up and EGM and I gotta say, I'm not really sure how to respond.I mean how is this good buisness?How does firing all the people that made something great make good buisness sense?I'll tell you how,IT DOES'NT !! I've been buying EGM since I was a kid,I have stacks and stacks of them and this is how it's gonna go out?Getting bought out and immediately shut down by some cockbiting fucktard of a company?REALLY??And I'm sorry but keeping a handful of the people will not suffice.I like Garnett,Tina and Sam,but those cannot make up for the loss of Milky,Shane,Ryan,Ryan Scott,Matt,Greg,Skip,etc.Ugo has completely destroyed 1up's userbase in a single act.Just read the comments on any of the former editor's recent blogs, there are tons of people who are gonna be leaving this site.But UGO probably does'nt care about those of us who have been around as long as they can get some new folks.
As for me (a longtime 1up user and a very longtime EGM reader), unless someone can convince of why I shoud stay,I am very seriously considering deleting this account that I have had for so long now.

No comments: