Sunday, May 27, 2012

Still Catching Up

So in my previous post I talked about how I was trying to finish some of the games in my back catalogue. Unfortunately I've been stretched pretty thin lately and haven't had as much time for gaming. I'm at the very end of Dante's Inferno (which is longer than I expected), but I'm really wanting to get started on Red Dead Redemption. I bought Toy Story 3 tonight following 1up's glowing review and after watching my son play a pretty good bit of it, I'm thinking that maybe Disney's getting back on track with their games. Back in the day Disney games were great, so it's nice to see a new Disney game that's really fun.

    My wife, my son and I just got back from vacation in San Antonio, TX. We went and did some shopping at The Riverwalk, spent a day at SeaWorld (that place is incredible), and checked out The San Antonio Zoo and The Alamo (also very incredible). There were a few other places we intended to visit but my son came down with a pretty high fever so we decided to cut our trip short. Overall it was really nice to get away for a few days and San Antonio was really awesome, I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good vacation spot.

Today my wife took me to Hooter's for some hotwings and beer and then we took my son to see Toy Story 3. I really like the first two Toy Story movies and I felt like this one really wrapped up the series very nicely. Needless to say my son really liked it thus resulting in part of the reason we picked up the game before heading home.

    The night before we left for Texas, my cable modem crapped out on me. While talking to the SuddenLink (my cable company) guy, he informed me that they had recently upgraded the internet speed for my area, raising my speed from 16mbps to 20mbps, so of course I told him to sign me up. After running to the store and picking up a new cable modem, I returned home to find out that I bought the wrong modem. Apparently once you get into speeds above 16mbps you need a modem that supports "DocSis3". So after picking one up from BestBuy today I finally got my 20mbps going and was able to continue the never ending battle against lag.

    I don't really watch a whole lot of TV. About the only channel I really watch is the History Channel, mainly for the documentaries, but I do like some of the shows too. A new one that 'm really liking is "Top Shot". As someone who is really into shooting firearms, I love the idea of a bunch of champion shooters competing with everything from bolt-action rifles to longbows. I'm really pulling for the youngest guy "Kelly", because aside from being one the most talented (if not the most talented) of the bunch, I hate the way that a lot of the older guys are being shitty to him because he's youger than them. I'm really looking forward to this Sunday's show because it has the contestants competing with an AR15, a gun I'm very fond of.

Well that's pretty much it for now, I'll have more to talk about in the way of games real soon.

No comments: