Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The "REAL" reason to buy an Xbox360 (shut up Josh)



Back when PGR2 came out in 2003 I could'nt have cared less about that little arcard machine sitting in the corner of my virtual garage.I played PGR2 relentlessly online and off because of how awesome the game was,but my buddy Josh would come over and want to play " Geometry Wars"?!?!What the heck was up with him and that stupid little game anyway?I could'nt figure it out.

So then his brother (who lived with him at the time and shares my love for racing games) buys it and Josh gets to play it at home all the time.fast forward to a few months ago when I bought my '360.What is the first thing that josh wants to play when he comes over?Well Geometry Wars : Retro Evolved of course.So I downloaded the trial game and everything ,I even tried it a couple of times ,but not for very long.So yesterday I decided to go ahead and purchase it ,if for no other reason than for Josh to play it when he came over.But then I started playing it and I could'nt stop.i noticed that there was only one other person on my friends list that had purchased it.I looked at his score,"114,000","I bet I could beat that" Isays to myself.Shiiiit,a few housr later I finally break 100,000 points.

Geometry Wars is one of those once-in-a-blue moon type games that once you start playing it's very hard to stop(like Tetris).So now I'm totally hooked on the game and really wanting to take that top spot on my friends list.i'm sure josh is gonna give me a hard time about it but he knows that my opinions are never set in stone and besides,when he gets his '360 we can see who is the better Geometry Wars player.

No comments: