Sunday, May 20, 2012

Random Stuff

Mario=jack-of-all-trades


So I decided to put in Mario Glof(which I picked up yesterday but havent tried until now)and give it a whirl.I started up a 2-player "strokes" match with my 4yr old son(who is an awesome gamer)only to be very surprised at how much fun and how addicting it is.The selection of classic Nintendo characters is great and all the little effects and what not make it more interesting than an actual golf sim.Definately worth checking out if you own a Gamecube.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Still Perfect after all these years

I was playing PerfectDark today and I have to say that game still has not gotten old to me.Im sure some may disagree but I think that the graphics still hold up,and the gunplay is just soooo damn fun.Plus with great music and an awesome story its got me really excited about PerfectDarkZero.I.Cant.Wait.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Soul still burns

Ya know ,I was really upset about Namco's decision to make SoulCalibur3 a PS2 exclusive back when it was first announced(anyone who's been reading my blogs from the beginning would remember that),but now months have passed and time has managed to heal most of the wounds(although I still know it would be better on the Xbox).Of course there are the PS2's signature "jaggies" rearing their ugly head in the screenshots i've seen,but all in all the graphics look pretty good.Im really liking the whole "create a character"thing too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Live from mars

A good friend of mine sent me the first Mars Volta album last night.He's actually the very person that turned me onto them back when "Frances the Mute" came out.I intended to buy the first one,"Deloused in the Comatorium", but never got around to it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Man was that a dumb move,after I listened to it for the first time last night I was amazed.I like it better than "Frances".If you dont know who they are then you should check them out.Good shit.
Shine On

I was over at the Dean website checking out the Dimebag guitars.I still cant believe he's gone.One of the greatest guitar players ever,gone for no reason.Damn.I was/am a huge Pantera fan and own all the homevideos too,which were awesome b/c they really showed how cool all the guys were,especially Dime.He put so much feeling into his playing,I fuckin' loved it.I guess its like they say"the good die young".Still cant believe it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kerry King,Pat Lachman,Jerry Cantrell,Dean Zelinsky and Zakk Wylde holding his Dean Dimebag signature series guitar at the Dean Guitars Dimebag Darrell tribute.Showin' their respects for a good bud and fellow guitar player.Good shit.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ShineOn

No comments: