Friday, May 18, 2012

Playing Gran Turismo 4 = Wanting to Play Forza Motorsport

I am a HUGE car guy , so when i bought gt4 i just new that i was getting the greatest thing since sliced bread,but now that im playing it,i keep finding myself wanting to plop in my demo of forza motorsport.I mean,dont get me wrong,gt4 is a great racing game ,it's just that it is the SAME game as gt1,gt2&gt3.Nothing has really changed much.It used to be that the gt series was the industry leader when it came to innovation,but now even mediocre games leave it behind with damage modeling,fully customizable cars,online play,etc.,etc.I mean,even the circuits are the same !!Now I was really impressed with the 1080i mode(although it is a little gimmicky since it only switches to that res right before a race begins ,and you have to manually turn it on in the options menu EVERY time you boot up your ps2),the graphics are beautiful.As you would expect the controls are perfect & the music is pretty good,but the ai still sucks unfortunately.So i as i sit here i realize that this game isnt really a driving simulator,but an automobile museum.The reason i say this is b/c it has cars in it that are EXTREMELY old , but equelly as beautiful to look at,hell i spent more time when i first put it in my ps2 just going to all the automakers and lookin at all the cool cars than i did playing th game.Oh well i guess i'll be playing this until Forza Motorsport comes out.

No comments: