Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Love This Game

SoulBlade,the OG of 3-d fighting gamesWell my cousin just left and I must say that I love playing SoulCalibur (any of them) with him.We are both so good at the game that when we play it's like a beautiful balet of death.Pefectly timed crouches,10 or more reflect/parries in a row,perfect counters and counters of counters,extensive use of the 8-way run system,throw repels and lots and lots of blocking b/c when we play every hit is earned,never given.SoulCalibur1,the reason that the arcades diedWhen he came over we played SC2 for a little while and then I showed him all of the videos from the 1up week of SC3(he loved it,especially the tournament)and then we went retro and played SoulCalibur on Dreamcast for a bit.Then we moved on to a little StreetFighterAlpha3 on PS1 and finally ended up playing SoulBlade.After all that nastalgia, we went back to playing SC2.Now,we have been playing fighting games against each other for years now and especially the SoulEdge/Blade and SoulCalibur series.SoulCalibur2,a turning point in the history of fighting gamesWhen we started playing SoulBlade back when it first came out we would always play Taki(me) vs Mitsurugi(him),but when we started playing SoulCalibur we kinda switched and then it was Mitsurugi(me) vs Taki(him).Well to top off the day we decided to play a series of the same old Mitsurugi(me) vs Taki(him) matches.It was awesome,intense and vicious to say the least.Man,I cant wait until they put this game online b/c the handing out of ass whoopings is ready to begin and im going global.

Here's to hoping that SoulCalibur 3 will be everything that I know it can be.

No comments: