Sunday, May 20, 2012

2D Fighting Love World Wide

Now that's old schoolI have noticed alot of 2D fighting games coming to the Xbox,just one more reason that it is my console of choice.I bought Guilty GearX2 # reload The Midnight Carnival(whew) back when it came out and really liked it but hate that it's nearly impossible to find an online match now.I still play the story mode for kicks but loved the online competition.Plus the lack of lag was a big plus considering the amount found in DOA Ultimate.
I still love to pop in Street Fighter Alpha 3 for a good time.The Dreamcast was the fighting game fans dream(no pun intended)console,it had all the greatest fighting games ever.I still play the hell out of it.I guess you can say that I am part of the "fighting game generation".I love other genres very much ,but have always been a whole lot better at fighting games.when I was a young teenager when Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat were just getting started,I kind of grew up in that whole fighting game era.Now we have Samurai Shodown V AND King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout coming out and I am hyped.Both with full XboxLive support and user created tournaments.I heard from someone that Capcom was working on the next Street Fighter game but that it would still be 2D.WTF Capcom?!?!I love my 2D fighters but is time the OG of fighting games made it's proper 3D transition.
Samurai Shodown...old school weapon based fighting
I really liked king of Fighters:Maximum Impact and truly believe that a sequal could be great.
I never picked up Marvel vs Capcpm2 or Capcom vs Snk2 for the Xbox,but thats only b/c I already have the Dreamcast versions of both.I love my fighting games but it just seems that over the last 5-7 years we have seen an extremely low amount of quality fighting games.Oh well at least I know I can still depend on my 2D favorites come this winter.See ya online.

The evolution of the fighting game at a glance...


StreetFighter2,the Al Capone of fighting gamesVirtuaFighter,the og of 3D fighting gamesNo introduction needed

No comments: