Wednesday, May 23, 2012

gittin' to tha good part...

Well,it's been quite a while since I posted a blog on here,mainly because I've been knee deep in the moving process.Anyone who's ever moved knows how stress inducing that can be and it's still not over for me.But I wanted to go ahead and share a little bit with what I've been playing and my judgements/facts/thoughts about what's been going on in the indusrty.So lets get to it...


BLACK


Anyone who's ever read any of my blogs knows how frustrated I've gotten with the gameing media in the past.Their reckless irresponsibility when it comes to coverage and moreover,reviews,continues to astonish me.Sadly,at the beginning of this year I would still listen to the reviews in EGM,but no more.The main reason is because EGM has actually become one of the worst when it comes their reviews,they come across as a bunch of grumpy old men that hate video games and are forced to play them.

But getting back to the point,I was really excited in the months leading up to the release of Black becuase everything I had read in any of the gaming media outlets lead me to believe that everthing they had played up until that point was awesome.Of course when it comes out everthing changes and it gets mostly mediocre reviews with some really good reviews thrown in there.So I was pretty disappointed in what I had read and didn't buy it for months.I came close to buying it several times but never dropped the cash.Finally,a couple of weeks ago I had some extra cash and picked up a used copy and even then didn't play it until the next day.



When I finally put it in and played it I realised how full of crap the media had been,that game was phenominal.The gunplay is unmatched by any other game.Period.I have recently gotten into shooting guns and have fired everything from AR-15's to Glock's to revolver's to .30 '06's,no other game conveys what shooting a real gun is like better than (or as good as for that matter) Black.The story is pretty forgettable but it doesn't really matter because the gameplay is so fun.The enviroments aren't quite as freely destructible as I thought they would be but thats not a big deal either.In any given gunfight there are explosions going off all the time,bullets wizzing by and bodies falling to the ground.



I'm playing through it on the hard difficulty and the firefights are really intense.I love that they used real life , name brand guns.Hell,shooting a Glock .40 sounds like a hand cannon (which is what it really sounds like).Needless to say I really like the game and am disappointed that I didn't buy it sooner,but thats my own fault for listening to those dumbasses in the gaming media.If you like FPS's and haven't tryed this one then you should definately check it out.

No comments: