Friday, May 18, 2012

Tekken5...th Time Around

Well its a new day and I can sit down ans safely say that Tekken 5 is definately an awesome game.So first let me get the gripes out of the way.I HATE thePlaystation controller,it is totally insufficient by todays standards and desperately needs to be redesigned.Sony's insistance on forcing people to use that damn D-pad is as bad as nintendo's notbeing able to let go of cart based game machines.Its pitiful.Namco is either run by morons or are intentionally not using Soulcalibur's 8-way run system.I mean,think about it,not havinf to double-tap that d-pad to run at an opponent or not ahving to start a side -step to 3D walk.The fights would be way more intense too(just like in soulcalibur).It would just be all around better.
Now ,with that said the rest of the game is awesome.Period.From the HUGE selection of fighters to the beautiful graphics to the ablilty to play all three of the original arcade games,the game is packed full of stuff to do.I also noticed that the story mode is much harder this time around too.Which is actually a little refreshing b/c for years now the routine on buying a fighting game was that you open it up and hurry through the game beating it repeatedly to unlock all the goodies.Now it will take a little longer than that and im definately at ease with the fact that I might get my moneys worth.The character customizing is fun too,especially since you have to fight through the very well done Arcade mode to get money.In the new arcade mode each character has a rank that initially starts at "Beginner",and then moves forward from there.Each time you score a win in arcade mode you are give three choices that consist of differently ranked caracters.I dont think that the arcade mode has an "ending" either since I played through 62 matches before turnig it off.Either way its a really good game and Namco is really close to perfecting,all they need(in my opnion,that is)are the things that I mentioned earlier.definately worth a purchase.

No comments: