Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prey



So the Prey demo for Xbox360 was about a week late coming out ,still not sure why,but at least we finally got it .Was it worth it?Well,let me just say that it is one of the most original games I have ever played.the graphics are beautiful,the controls feel great(not quite up to Halo standards ,but above average none the less),the narrative and pacing is really good ,but most of all it just feels so damn fresh.Now I've heard some of the guys in the game media(some that work for this very site )nitpicking this and that,but screw that .These guys are so wound up in being critics that they can't even enjoy a game anymore without having to constantly look for problems.

The framerate is really smooth which is always a plus.I remember reading that quake 4 had some framerate issues but since I never bought it I'm not really sure.the demo has singleplayer and multiplayer.I loved both.Been playing a good bit of the multiplayer,it's really fun and with all the cool things that this game does with gravity and portals and wallwalking and spiritwalking it never gets old.

My favorite part is the guns though,they are so new and fresh,yet so familiar.The "acid gun" is awesome.Nothing like hitting someone point-blank with a tube of acid.The only thing I would change if I could would be the character movement speed.Because this is a game originally designed for pc,the characters move really fast for a console game making aiming a task sometimes(although I've learned that strafing alot while shooting at an enemy works really well).Other than that though everything is great.I can't wait to buy the whole game.

No comments: