Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New toys

XBOX360"VISION" CAMERA




Well I picked up an Xbox360 "vision" camera today and was somewhat disappointed with it.But before I go showing you the "hole in the donut", let me tell you what I like about it.

First is the general aesthetics,it has a really sleek design to it.I also like the size,it's pretty small.I also like how it has it's own "ring of light" that stays lit up as long as the 360 is on.Another cool feature is how once you plug it up , the background of the dashboard shows whatever is in front of the camera in real time.It's done like as if you were looking through water,it's pretty cool.And lastly I like the ability to take my own pics for gamer pictures.I don't know anyone else that has one so I have'nt been able to try the video chat yet.



Now for the "hole in the donut",I was under the impression that this thing did more than it actually does.Like for instance video messaging,I guess I just naturally assumed that getting the camera would allow me to record and send video messages to my friends,but I was sadly mistaken.See,I knew when I was trying to figure out how to send video messages that I did'nt just come up with the idea on my own,I had heard/read it somewhere.Now,after watching the video demo for it on xbox.com I can see why I thought that.If you watch it you'll notice how they slip in that you can send "video-picture messages".And thats exactly what you can do,send someone a damned picture message.Why the hell would you want to send someone a picture message?That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard.

I also tryed to play that Xbox Live Arcade game Totem Ball,the one that requires that you have the camera to play.When I downloaded the game it was free and now I know why.Your supposed to stand in front of the tv flailing your arms about like a friggin' lunatic tryin' to move this damn totem-thingy around.I dunno,maybe they'll come out with some cool stuff for it.......eventually.

SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALS:Combined Assault



So after I picked up the 360 camera from Wally World,I ran down to the mall so I could get me a new PS2 headset from Gamestop.I play SOCOM 3 so much that my headset starting dying on me a while back and a few days ago my son stepped on it and finished it off.

So I go in there and get my headset and take it to the counter,as soon as the girl working the register sees it she looks at me and says "SOCOM ?",in which case I reply "YUP.".She then asks me if I have the new game reserved yet and says that if I reserve it that she will give me a demo of it(the new Socom ,I mean).WHAT?!?!,there's a demo?!?!Hell yes I want to reserve it then,anything for that damn demo.



She also tells me that she too plays SOCOM online and gives me her "tag" so I can send her a friend invite and we can play sometime(but since the crappy Sony online service sux so much and requires that she be online at the same time that I'm trying to send the invite,I could'nt).

After getting home,booting it up and playing a little while,I can safely say that it is gonna PWN!The demo only gives you access to one single player level,but man is it big.I had read that to accomidate the new online co-op single player game,they had to make the single player game world open ended like GTA.I love it.Your no longer bound by strict guidelines on how to complete missions,now your given the freedom to figure out the best course of action for yourself.



I'm also lovin' all the new items and attachments.There was only one new gun in the demo,it was some sort of fully auto rifle,the cool thing,though,was that it had a 100 round dual drum clip.I also noticed that Zipper has added in medkits for healing yourself and body armor for added protection.There was also several new types of weapon attachments including a shotgun attachment for the M4A1!Others included higher capacity mags,non lethal ammo and attachments(although I doubt those will be available in the online competitive multiplayer),what looked like a new type of rocket launcher,and so on and so forth.

Obviously the list of new items,weapons,attachments,maps,vehicles,etc.,etc.,is gonna be HUGE!!I can't wait until it comes out,I gots some folks needa killin'.

No comments: