Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Devil May Cry indeed

I bought Devil May Cry 3:Special Edition a little while ago(as in about 2 or 3 hours ago) and so far I really like it, but man is it hard!!Now before anyone goes flaming me and calling me a noob,this is the first DMC game that I've ever played.I think once I learn the combat system and get good at the bigger combo strings then it will get easier.

I got to this 3-headed dog-boss character last night and after losing(barely) for the 4th or 5th time a window popped up on the screen saying that "easy mode" was now available.WTF?Easy mode?What the hell are they trying to say?That I suck?!?Well to hell with that,I'm not playing the easy mode,I'm no Ninja Dog!!(sorry Josh)

Unfortunately since I have never played a DMC game or more specifically,DMC3,I have to play through the whole game as Dante before I can play as Vergil.If you don't know who Vergil is then look to your left.Vergil is Dante's brother and is his complete opposite.Vergil has no guns, but wields a badass katana.Apparently he has some cool "sword projectile " moves to make up for not having guns.

There is also the "bloody palace mode",which is a multi-storied dungeon where your only goal is battle your way through level after level.There are 9999 levels,and defeating all enemies on a single level unlocks portals to other levels.
The Fire Portal advances you 100 levels,
The Lightning Portal advances you 10 levels,and
The Water Portal advances you 1 level.
Of course you have to beat the game first to unlock this feature.

Also it appears that the original DMC3's continue mode(or lack of one) has been fixed.When you begin a new game,You can select from 2 options,Gold and Yellow,that determine how continues will be handled.

Selecting Gold allows you to continue after you die and resume the game right where you left off by using a gold orb.It also allows you to continue from the last checkpoint as many times as you want,without using a gold orb.

Selecting Yellow requires you to use a yellow orb to resume the game,and starts you back at the last checkpoint you passed,rather than the exact location where you died.

Then there's "Turbo mode".To quote the "new feature insert"(again,hehe),turbo mode is for those who like their gameplay at "break-neck" speeds,this mode revs up the action of the entire game so it runs at 120%(20% faster than the normal.)This mode is selectable from the get-go,no matter if you've finished the game or not.(I started my game in turbo mode being the Ninja Gaiden fanboy that I is.(hehe,Ninja "Goddamn"!!)

There is also this "Demo Digest" mode which is basically like Ninja Gaiden's "theater mode".It allows you to replay all the cutscenes you've unlocked so far in the game.

There are also new difficulty modes to unlock.As I said earlier,losing to the same boss a bunch of times caused me to inadvertantly unlock the "easy mode"(I'm not sure if this was in the original DMC3 or not) and then there is a new "Very Hard Mode",which I think is self-explanatory.So now it has Easy,Normal,Hard,Very Hard & DMD difficulties.Not really sure,but I'm guessing that the "DMD" mode stands for " Devil May Die ".It also says that there are "Many other exciting new unlockable features for you to find in Devil May Cry 3:Special Edition!".We'll see....


No comments: